Saturday 9 May 2009

High-street prize of SS09.

A somewhat inaccurate barometer of success for runway styles is the high street fashionmongers that dress the bros and broettes of tomorrow. Nevertheless it is worth inspecting as this is a simple post dedicated to the looks that Topman and the likes have decided will look good on  boys named Gavin, Bazza and Jason.

Scoop necked shirts

Ahhh yes, the scoop neck. What better way to air your clavicles and let everyone know that you have the figure of a young Gandhi? I'll admit, I've considered purchasing one, and they do look good on men that manage to survive solely on Parliament Lights and coffee. It's precisely for this reason that I resent them being paraded through Asos and Topman like a thruppenny whore. I shed a tear every time I see a scoop neck t-shirt on the chest of a bro displaying a "west ham 4 lyfe" tattoo and chubby moobs.

The Drop Crotch


Perhaps the readers of my blog who have a life less fashion obsessed will not have seen this trend creeping over from the wilds of Scandinavia, but I expect it to arrive here by mid summer. Displayed brilliantly here by Damir Doma (Disclaimer: I am a Damir Doma fanboy.) they are another interesting way to experiment with shape. However, drop-crotched, rigid jeans draped (Or perhaps folded?) over the legs of a four foot tall Norweigan hipster border on ridiculous. "It's ironic, ya." I don't care, Hans, you look silly.


Knitted Elephant Hats

Naw guys I'm kidding. Apologies for the lack of eloquence in this blog, it's late for me and Thinner Kid needs his sleep just like you. Thanks goes to Ami for the helpful spellchecking.

2 comments:

  1. I am commenting this post.
    Greetings from /fa/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post something wearable next time

    ReplyDelete